Search This Blog

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Snow for Halloween

Enough snow for dog tracks in the driveway!

On Halloween we finally got some snow on the ground in our yard.  Barely enough to sled on and it was gone by evening, but hey it's the first snow.

After work as the snow turned to rain I took the dogs for a walk to the park.  In the park the snow could not get through the spruce canopy so it was snow free on the ground except where there was a hole.  Looking up you could see snow on the trees and then here and there bright white areas of snow cover in the clearings. It created a dramatic effect that I don't think I quite captured in the photos below.



And then the day after Halloween I got to go for the first ski of the year on Pyramid.  There already was some snow on the mountain (the first intrepid skiier got in a run on October 12th), so there is a little bit of a base.  Admittedly, it was not great skiing, but it was skiing.

Last night we got another inch of snow on the mountain and today it was even a little bit better.  The photos below are from my ski today.



The start of my 400 foot vertical ski run

No comments: