Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Business Relocation

Where do I start?
I've been silent from the blog for a while, and realizing I'm long over due for a post. The skies have cleared from weeks of rain, high winds and fog and I"ve made a business decision which I'm happy with. 

For a year and a half, I had hopes of moving my business, A Balanced Approach, (click here to my  business website) to a certain building in town, and was promised that the building would become vacant soon for me to occupy. This fall, I was told that it wouldn't be ready until next spring or even next fall. This news made me sad, as it had been years of waiting for it. So I decided it was time to move on. 

I am moving my business to a new rental space, where the Next Page Bookstore used to be. It is 1,800 sq feet and right next to a coffee shop/restaurant. The decision has given me great peace inside, knowing that I can make my business atmosphere the way I want it to be. 

Currently my business is on the bottom floor of a dance studio and my hours are limited because of the large pounding (dancing) noises overhead. (By the way, if you think ballet is gracefuly, try sitting underneath a dance floor during practice and your opinion will change....the thumping noises are something else!!) There are few windows and not terribly bright. However, I've been there for 4 years, and it gave me the chance to really grow with my business and for that I am forever thankful.  Now it is time to move on. 

The new space will have two rooms for fitness classes, a separate physical therapy clinic, it is bright and inviting. I"ve met with a contractor about walls which will need to go up for the clinic. Lease signing is next week.  It is a 5 minute walk from my home and a 5 minute walk from the kids school. The space is halfway between home and their school, which is another nice feature of it.

Now the real test will be....
Can I teach a spinning class and resist the french pastries and coffee next door after?

Zoya


We went to a friend's 40th birthday party last night and the theme was Zombie Attack. People were encouraged to dress up either as zombies or zombie killers.There was a Michael Jackson's "Thriller" flash mob dance which was a very fun addition to the evening as well!






No comments: