Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Snow & Cold


I've been skiing almost every day since we got back from France. There is a surprising amount of snow up on Pyramid. I took this photo on Sunday when I met Gregg up at the top of the South bowl. It was rock hard snow on the skin up from the car and I expected the same in the South bowl. Imagine our surprise when we found that the sun had warmed up the snow and created soft corn snow - Spring skiing conditions!

This morning I woke up to an 1/2 inch or so of new snow at our house. I bet it is 'ocean effect' snow and that there will be barely any snow on the ground in town. This often happens when we get a cold north wind in winter. The North end of town gets snow off of the ocean and the rest of town is just cold.

It is officially winter and my garden is dead - I am sad to report that I did not get all of my potatoes out of the ground. Now it is frozen and they are in there to stay. Patrick

No comments: