Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Skis


Today the sun finally came out and it seems it might get colder for a while. I took my band new tele skis up Pyramid for their maiden journey down the hill. These are my first new tele skis in 5 years, and I must say fashions have changed. I thought my old skis were fat when I got them way back in 2005, but my new skis seem super wide and short. It seems these days that everybody wants short and fat skis. I remember back in the 1990s when everybody wanted super shaped skis. Ski fashions change.

My verdict on the new skis is that they might be a little too fat. It was icy up there today on all the slopes not facing the sun and I had a hard time controlling my fat skis. However, they made up for it on the soft corn snow that I found on the steep south facing slopes - sublime ride. I guess I will just have to continue to use my old skis when I expect ice. I'll use my new ones the rest of the time. I love new skis! Patrick

No comments: