Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Roxann to the Rescue


Patrick and the guys left Friday for the Elk hunt and yesterday morning the kids were already giving me a run for money. By 8:30 AM both kids had already had time outs and my energy was low-as I was still recovering from a cold. I called up Roxann to vent, as her husband Mike is also hunting with Patrick. I wanted to see how her time was going with Mike gone. She heard the frusturation in my voice and offered to come over and play with the kids while I got out of the house for a few minutes! What a friend! I went to Safeway and did some grocery shopping and got a cup of coffee. When I returned, Roxann had the kids at the counter enjoying snacks and everyone was quite happy. What a gem of a friend Roxann is. I made her promise that she would call if she had frusturating moments and we would return the favor. Last night we also enjoyed dinner together at her place-whipped up some salmon dip, cucumbers and kielbasa. Good combo of food.

Nora and Stuey both sleep as I write this. Thank heavens. Nora needed a nap desperately. She tends to get whiney and demanding without good sleep (like mother, like daughter).

The weather is cold and WINDY.
I got word that the guys have had some problems on the Elk hunt. Jim, the skipper, was on the boat last night by himself. He dropped the guys off on shore yesterday and they camped. Evidently, the winds picked up significantly last night so Jim had to move further into the bay they are in (can't give away location details--). The anchor got stuck so Jim is on the boat by himself and the guys are having to hike much farther into the bay to get to Jim.
Fortunately there is another boat in the bay--so they have potential assistance with the situation. I just hope everyone is safe and sound.
The best case scenerio would present with a big herd of elk on their way to the boat. That would be fabulous. We'll see what happens. Evidently Jim is dive certified--not sure if they're going to just cut the anchor line or what the plan is. I wait for more news.
To be honest, I just want them all to motor on home so I can make them some warm homemade pizzas and serve them some cold beer. But I do like the elk meat...its just such a big ordeal to chase down those big burly animals!!!

Zoya

1 comment:

Roxann said...

Looks like I could use some style advice from Stuey! -R