Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Abercrombie Snow


Walking the dogs in the park - note Jake in the distance, Roxy is looking right at him. The snow contrasts nicely with the spruce trees and salmonberry bushes. Yesterday we got about 5 inches of new snow out at the airport and today I went for a classic cross country ski with my wooden Bonnas out at Swampy Acres - beautiful. Extra Blue for wax - with the wooden skiis, a truly classic day.

I thought I was following someone's snowed in snowshoe tracks until it became clear that it was actually the tracks of a bear tromping through the snow. Claw marks in the snow and a proclivity for spawned out salmon are a sure give away. How cool is that? Today a bear broke trail for me!

Then I took the doggies for a walk in Abercrombie. Not much snow made it through the trees, but the light was beautiful. Sun setting on the tree tops, dark tree trunks, green boughs, and white snow down below. I love this time of year. Patrick

No comments: