Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Sweet Tracks


I love when I'm done skiing, driving home, and when I look back at the mountain I can see my tracks. This was my view back of the mountain today. I had to play with the photo colors and contrast to get the ski tracks to show, but there they be - right down the ridge into the south bowl of Pyramid. It gave me a sense of accomplishment. I must admit I stopped the truck multiple times to look back and admire the view.

After the blizzard of the last few days we ended up with 2 feet of new snow on Pyramid, and some of the biggest drifts I have ever seen. If you look closely at the photo you can see the new cornice at the top of the south bowl. I intentionally avoided this obvious avalanche hazard. Right now the snow is the deepest I have ever seen it on Pyramid. Patrick

No comments: