Search This Blog

Thursday, March 06, 2008

More Tour


Zoya and I are eagerly awaiting the 'official Tour of Anchorage photos' to get posted on the web. In the meanwhile - here's an 'official Tour of Anchorage photo' from 10 years ago. Note that I still wear the same skin suit. Pete Alexson, the guy in front of me, still has the same suit too. Hopefully, when this year's photos do go on line I will not look 'over-ripe' in my 12 year-old skin suit.

This year was the first time I'd worn the suit since the last time I raced in the Tour back in 2002. I must admit that this year I did the 25K classic style race instead of my usual 50K skate race because I did not want to fail in the comparison with my old self. What if I had a hopelessly slow time? Would it mean that I was getting old? I'd never raced in the 25K race so it was a clean book. No comparisons possible.

I am happy to report that I am happy with my 25K classic time from this year - perhaps next year I'll dare the comparison with my old self and attempt the 50K skate race once again. Patrick

No comments: