Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Friends from Seward!

This weekend our friends Ray, Julie and Lars are visiting from Seward and we are having a ball. Patrick and Ray went hunting yesterday and today-they got a deer today and called to say they are on their way home. Julie and I have been hanging out and watching the kiddos chase eachother around the house. They are all so entertained by eachother. Its quite fun!

This afternoon it was just the kids and myself at the house-I packed them up in the stroller and we went to Mill Bay Beach. Nora played in the little stream which flows to the ocean with a small yellow shovel that was in the stroller. She kept scooping up rocks and water and sipping the water. When it was time to go (stuey was ready for a nap), Nora didn't put up too much of a fight. I think she knew her hands were getting cold.

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with 2 kids getting easier. Everyone who has 2 kids this close together says the first year is HARD then it gets easier because they play with eachother. These past few weeks I'm seeing the beginnings of that already. Sure, there are still hard moments, but fewer and fewer every week.

Gorgeous sunny weather and 36 degrees this morning. Now its not too much above 40. I love the little bite of chill thats in the air.

Zoya