Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bye Bye Sun?


I took this picture at sunset a few weeks ago near the start of our recent run of incredible weather. Today it is raining and it appears that our run may be at an end. It has been an impressive run - over 3 weeks of temperatures in the upper 20's, sun and quick snow storms. But today we are in the midst of a pineapple express - a big jet of warm air from the south.

Now we have to wait and see what sort of weather pattern gets re-established in its wake. Will we enter a period of rain, fog and warm weather like we had last year all January or will get weekly snowstorms followed by sun? Will I be cross country skiing down at sea level or will I be trecking up to Pyramid every day to go downhill skiing? Time will tell. I have my fingers crossed. Patrick

No comments: