Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Woody Island day One


Last weekend my girl scout troop ventured to Near Island for two nights to stay in the Woody Island Camp. This was my first time staying in the cabins and having bunks for the girls to sleep in was so lovely. They had such excitement about setting up their things in the cabin and their smiles were contagious!

In lieu of losing my mom so recently, this trip was just perfect. We didn't have to set up tents and we had a full kitchen to work with. There was a warm woodstove going to dry wet gear and all had a lovely time. I ended up not sleeping well in the cabins~I'm thinking I do better sleeping on the earth in a tent. The weekend was full of "firsts" for scouts and adults alike and my love for Woody Island grew even more.

Zoya










No comments: