Search This Blog

Monday, February 09, 2009

Snow Conditions Forum


If you're a regular reader of our blog then you'll know that every week or so I like to report on Kodiak snow conditions. Today I discovered a new website dedicated to just that - A Kodiak snow conditions forum. I love it!

Just glancing through it I learned that the cross country skiing on Salonie Creek and up above Buskin Lake seems to be good while the downhill on Pyramid is not as good as one would expect. In the past, you had to go to these places to find out what the snow was like. When you visit the site be sure to check out the Salonie Creek thread - it has some awesome pictures from this past weekend.

Anyway you can find the site at the following address (and I hope to have Zoya, our family webmaster, add it to the links on the side of our blog).

http://kodiaksnow.proboards.com/

The above photo is from way back in 2002 - a skate skiing safari up the American River.

No comments: