Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice







Today Winter Solstice brought some sunshine to Kodiak.It was sunshine I didn't even realize I needed until it arrived so beautifully at 10ish this morning!

Patrick, Nora, Stuey and myself walked down to Mill Bay beach. I promised my sister Ella I would take advantage of Mill Bay Beach more often, as it is so close to us. And so we did-and enjoyed every moment. Stuey sat and played in the sand. Nora pretended to make soup with the cups and spoons we brought. The sound of the surf was so relaxing---and a big surf it was. The sound of the waves crashing against the beach is one I never get tired of...

Zoya

Some photos from the trip...

2 comments:

Ella S said...

Good to hear you're enjoying the beach! I wish I could be there! You guys look great!

stef said...

That's funny, we went to the beach last weekend as well. We just didn't have to wear hats and gloves.....looks like a nice winter day in Kodiak.

Stef