Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Time

The Holidays are in full swing and I'm enjoying our lights up in the house and our ornament-stripped-tree. Our version of a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Stuey kept taking all the ornaments off so rather than have it be a problem, our tree now only has a strand of simple white lights. My saying, "Less is more." This year it goes for the tree, too.

Today I was home sick. I think I got a watered down version of what Nora and Patrick had. It is my first sick day at my business--not bad for 3 months of being open. The good thing is that people are very understanding about rescheduling-as the crud has really been hitting lots of people in town. I sent Stuey and Nora off to their day programs as I laid in bed and wished that I could gather energy to get something accomplished. It didn't happen. Instead I dazed in and out of sleep and watched the trees and rain outside. Big storm today.

Reading Patrick's last entry about him being home with the kids lots made me sad. Made me feel like I"m not doing my wife/mom duties well enough. He reassures me that this isn't the case.
He is such a great dad and husband and has really been doing 110% as I have been working more lately. I can only hope I convey my appreciation for his attention to the kids after work. So often I come home at 5:30, there is dinner warm and ready to eat and the kids are running happily around the house. He hasn't complained about the added responsibility at all. Bless his heart. My goal is to work 20ish hours after the new year, then I'll have time to do dinner prep and take more time with the kids in the morning.

Zoya

No comments: