Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Gorgeous Saturday


Patrick and I made it skiing on pyramid mt. once again today-just spectacular. It was 70 degrees and I hiked up in capris, a teeshirt and lots of sunblock. Lisa McCormick joined us at the top of the mountain and we skiied down together. My turns felt much smoother this time down the mountain-thanks to softer snow and a shot of raspberry vodka at the top of the mountain.

I had my mind on Stuey lots, as he hasn't been taking a bottle lately (just wants to wait for mom-I suppose). We were gone for 3 hours. But, alas, all was well at the homestead. The babysitter (Sara) and her friend (Mariah) took the kids on a long stroller walk, which they enjoyed.

Nora has really enjoyed this warm weather-playing outside lots!!

Stuey has mellowed a bit today, which is rather nice. Still drooling lots, but not quite so fussy today. Good timing for our ski trip!

Ahhhh, parenting definitely has its headaches now and again. This evening when Nora was going with Patrick to go to bed, I said, "Can mommy have a hug?". Nora smiled then proceeded to pull my hair, HARD. I was not thrilled, to say the least. Man, what a bummer. Patrick reminded me that she was tired.

At times parenting is quite thankless, but then there are small moments throughout the day when its all worth it. Nora is in a scream mode right now-largely because she can't speak, I believe. Since we took the binky from her, however, she is babbling and seeming to begin the process of talking. Trying to mimc sounds I believe.

Lately I've been so tired when I put Stuart to bed, I fall asleep with him at 8 pm or so. Then I wake at 2 or 3 unable to go back to sleep for an hour or two. Thats when I have a bowl of cereal and go on the internet. Nice quiet time to myself.

Our babysitter, Megan, came back from Hawaii today and she came by with some cute Hawaiian clothes for Stuey and Nora. Stuart looks like a tourist in his get-up! We have been so blessed with wonderful babysitters-they all bring their different charm and energy to watching the kids. Its fun to watch! Zoya