Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

Ahhh....quiet time


Patrick is on Afognak Island at "Dig Afognak" working with kids during summer camp. He'll be there until Sunday.Just me and the kiddos for the weekend. They went to bed fairly easily tonight-phew.

Nice to have a few moments to myself now. Karen came over this afternoon and we organized my kitchen, which was fun. I saw things I haven't seen for a few years! Pretty fun!!

The quote of the afternoon was her inquiring, "Zoya, now-do you really need 3 gravy boats?". I replied, "well....ummm...I like them all....". Karen won-I have one less gravy boat in my collection (one is practically a family heirloom, so I couldn't get rid of that one.)
The pile for a garage sale is stacking up. I've never done one of these before-it should be fun!

Karen should apply to be a host on the show Clean Sweep- where people put all their belongings on the lawn and the hosts go through the stuff to weed it down. Shes awesome with saying, "now Zoya...remember, once its gone, you won't miss it!". I barely recognize my own kitchen. Now the tough part comes-maintaining it. I think as long as Karen is around, she'll keep me on my toes! I wouldn't want all those hours of hard work to go to waste.
Zoya

PS photo is of Nora on the phone. yes, she continues to be fascinated with having fake conversations-she gives an occasional laugh and sits there listening.

No comments: