Search This Blog

Friday, December 29, 2006

My niece, Cami, with her first quilt


Over the Christmas Holiday, I taught my niece, Cami, to quilt! She received a "learning to quilt kit" on Christmas day which got her started making bean bags and small creations. This also was her first time sewing on a sewing machine!

Cami was a quick learner and became comfortable with the sewing machine very quickly. And she didn't bum out too much the first time she had to do some seam ripping (I told her the story about how I cried the first time I had to rip seams out on my first quilt!) I was thrilled to be able to teach her how to quilt, as I recently learned in August and have completed 2 quilts in that time.

It was like an episode of Extreme Quilting...the sewing machine purring away for 2 days while Cami watched her masterpiece come together before her very eyes!!

The lady at the local fabric store graciously loaned us a rotary fabric cutter, a cutting mat and a book with a beginners pattern. I just love small towns!!

I look forward to seeing more of Cami's future creations... :) (ZAS)

1 comment:

Ishmael said...

I don't have cable tv.... Is there really a show called "Extreme Quilting?"

If not, why not?